Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jared in Ukraine

 Jared went to Kiev, Ukraine for 10 days without me. Sniff. Sniff. We've been away from each other 10 days before, but not in separate countries/continents. Let me rephrase that - I have been away from him 10 days before, be he has never gone away from me. Whole different ballgame! However, the wise ol' saying "Distance makes the heart grow fonder" is the absolute truth. So in a way, it was good for us; however, at times my brain could not convince my heart.

 This was Jared's first time in Europe. He loved it!
One thing he learned was Ukrainians wear their wedding rings on their right hands. If it's on the left, it means one is divorced. Interesting... right?

 We were able to Skype a few times. I would stay up until 11:30 PM, and he would call my at 6:30 AM in Ukraine. As I was going to bed, he was waking up.

He met several new friends while he was there. Oleg was his interpreter and a true help to Jared. Looks like a really sweet guy. Wish I could have met him.

And this is Sasha. He's 19 and extremely smart. Jared got his email, and they will be corresponding back and forth. I hope one day I will get to meet him!

(From left to right) Troy Meachum - our small group leader and dear friend, Sasha - he works for the International Mission Board and does a lot of administration and coordination of church plants in Ukraine (or something like that - Jared says he's a master at what he does), and of course, Jared - my husband (Haha!)

This is our new friend Sergey. He is a pastor of a church plant in Kiev. He and Jared hit it off from the start. Heard nothing but great things about this man. 

And last but not least... the pigeon from the Newark Airport. I guess it needed to catch a long distance flight as well - farther than his own wings could carry him, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment