Thursday, April 12, 2012

Husband and Wife Day of Adventure

Jared and I decided we were going to eat our way across Raleigh.

First we stopped at Sola Coffee, where Jared had an Americano (is classic choice) and I had a Vanilla Caramel Latte with Soy Milk (this would be the equivalent to a Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks or a Perfect Blend at the Perfect Blend in Ada minus the soy milk).
The coffee was wonderful (but what do you expect from Counter Culture Coffee?) and the customer service was lovely. We did feel, however, that we were cheating on our Jubala.
Next, we went by Crabtree Valley Mall to drool over some Apple Products and then a little thrift store shopping where I found a beautiful vintage jacket.

Then off to The Pit for lunch. I kept quoting "Father of the Bride" while we were waiting on our food. "I don't think you want the word 'Pit' on a wedding invitation, George." I guess we figured out why Brad and Angelina won't get married.
The Pit had an amazing atmosphere that reminded me of my beloved Charleston's back home. However, this is Carolina Barbeque. That means it has this vinegar taste which is not my favorite. Yet, we really loved their chicken and pulled pork. For an appetizer we ordered their pumpkin corn bread. It was DELISH!

For dessert we went to Gigi's Cupcakes and eventually made ourselves sick on them that evening.

Oh yeah, how could I forget... We finished our little adventure quite earlier than expected, so we went in search of a strawberry patch that I went to last summer with Matthew. For 2 hours, we drove all over Roseville and even down to Zebulon in search of this mysterious strawberry farm. We found several but none were the one I visited. One day we will find it! (I drove all day yesterday because Jared's license is expired. Going to get it renewed tomorrow.)


3 comments:

  1. That cornbread looks A-Mazing! Do you remember the name of the strawberry patch you visited? There's one we go to just outside of Rolesville called "The Collard Patch" :-) Makes me laugh that I get strawberries from the collard patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fun day!! It looks like you had a great time enjoying each others company... perfect! I must say, I'm a little jealous of your time together. I want a Collin and Candice's Day of Adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to the Collard Patch but it wasn't the one I went to last summer. Jared doesn't believe it exists.

    Candice! You should, just strap that baby in a car seat and drive to places y'all haven't been yet (or have y'all already done that?).

    ReplyDelete