Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wake Forest



Welcome to Wake Forest, North Carolina. This is home of Southeastern where Jared is studying. It's one of the most beautiful towns I have ever lived in. I've been telling friends and family that it's like an M&M - the warm chocolatie, small-town center with a colorful, big-city candy coating. Raleigh and Durham are 15-30 minutes away. 

We are so blessed that God settled us in such a place that shouts his amazing workmanship in the trees, in the weather, and in the company. We have met and grown to love several people in such a short time of being here. God is amazing. We feel at home. 
I love to take walks through the campus. It's so peaceful.
There's also a bed and breakfast on Main. I think if anyone wants to come see us they should check this place out.
Wake Forest is FULL of history. When walking down Main Street, Jared and I took a few pictures of some of the historic homes that line the street. Some of the are absolutely breathtaking. One of the oldest homes in Wake Forest was built in 1840. It was originally a log cabin and then later was added a second story. Today it stands for sale with pink siding and purple shutters. It absolutely needs a makeover.
There are sidewalks everywhere! I love it! If I could complain about anything in Oklahoma it would be that very few towns have sidewalks. We can walk all over this town. Jared even rides his bike to work.

The downtown area is so fun! We have antique shops and delis and Wake Forest Coffee Company. It's the local coffee shop and local hangout.

 There is only one thing that I hate about Wake Forest, and it's "Yum, Yum." She is the bronze statue to the right. I have nightmares.
Las Mararitas! We found a Mexican Restaurant that is amazing! Well, I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food, but Jared is and he loves it. They have cheese sauce comparable to La Fiesta's. Everyone in Ada knows what I mean!
And then there's Shorty's! It's a hot dog restaurant! Jared and I went there for his birthday. They have slaw dogs which are a southern specialty. And we are fans!

So that sums up our tour of Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA, the World. It's beautiful and intriguing. Friends and family are welcome to come visit anytime - and SHOULD!


No comments:

Post a Comment