Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Here's our home! I can't believe I have my own place with my own husband. The bedroom is a little girly, but I wanted to decorate with a color that Jared wouldn't be turned away by. Blue is his favorite color and gray is mine. I thought it could be the perfect combination when paired with the right colors. He loves our room. One thing I have to say about my whole house, is how everything seemed to come together. Pictures and painting I knew I had but didn't know that they would actually match my color scheme throughout the house. Melody and Laura, Jared's mother and sister, made it such a joy to fix the place up. They are such hard workers and together we created the perfect place for Jared and me. We had a blast hanging pictures and placing pillows.
 For the living room, I wanted it to be fun filled and retro with warm colors that we be inviting to anyone who entered. I've since moved things around to make more room for guests, but this is my favorite setup.

On our chalkboard we want to write scriptures of encouragement, hope, and peace. Right now we have Numbers 6:24-26.

The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace.
And on to the kitchen. Jared and I love to cook, so again, it was super important to me to make this an inviting safe place. I love that it flows right into the living room. When Jared or I cooking we can still enjoy the company of our guests in the other room. But that also might be because it's such a small place. We like to call it "cozy." But it doesn't matter to us, we love it. It's the perfect size.

I have the new Fiestaware. The plates and bowls are squares. I love that each one of them are a different color! Jared and I have this thing where we pick which color plate, bowl or mug we want to use for the day. The little things in life make days so much fun that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment