Sunday, October 10, 2010

Today...

Today is my brother's birthday. I'm so excited for him - he turned 30! Just 6 more years until I'll be in the same position. Eek!
Yesterday, he and his wife threw a huge party for him at her parents home in Arkansas. Pretty much my whole family was there for the celebration except me. Moving to North Carolina hasn't gone without the few bumps in the road, and this one was a big one for me. I did fine all day long. I was busy with work until 9:30 that evening and came home to Jared where we snacked on humus and pita chips while watching Mad Men. Dad sent me a few photos of the party with my family all dressed in there cowboy attire and smiles as big as Texas.
 On my way home from work yesterday, I also learned that one of my best friends from college, Jessie McKennell won ECU homecoming queen 2010. I was so proud of her! This is a woman whose sole purpose in life is to make the name of Christ not only known, but loved. She has been one of the greatest things that ever happened to me . A few weeks ago, I spoke with her, and the school had just announced her as one of the top five candidates. Each nominee now had to give an interview to the Ada Evening News, where she was able to proclaim her faith, and later be printed for all to read. She had no idea she was going to even make it into the top five or even win, but this girl can do anything she sets her mind to do. I wish I could have been there to see her. This excitement and anticipation is so odd for me to feel, because I could normally care less about homecoming queen or any of the sort. But this difference was not only because it's Jessie, but why she was even pursuing it in the first place. She wants all the glory to go to God and no one else. She had won the hearts of college students who didn't even believe in God. She never once denied His name, but had proclaimed it and STILL people who don't even have a religion fell in love with her.
Again, my best friend is experiencing a life change. A fire is in her like I've never seen before - a caution and a cause. She is slow to speak and act, but quick with her passion of Christ. I just got off the phone with her today. The woman is on FIRE! She encourages me in faith, hope and love. At a time in her life when she should be rock bottom, she is standing on top of THE ROCK with her hands lifted high and proclaiming His name and majesty. She excites me every single time I talk to her. She stirs my soul. I hate that I'm not there to personally see this happening. To witness the glory of God at work in someones life. Someone so close and meaningful to me. I love Mechel my bell, with all my heart.
And last but not least, my sister. What a woman of God. I've missed out, my love. But I'm here now - however, the hardest part is I'm not "here" in physical form. My heart aches to be with her - when she's sad, when she's happy. She has always been a source of energy to me that God knew I needed. Like Mechel, she has been a crutch to lean on in so many ways. A day gone by without hearing her voice, is a day to be counted with a pinch of sadness. She's suffered a lot of pain lately, and I can't be there for her. I'm just a sound over the telephone, wishing her peace, love and prayer.

These are very important times in my family and friends' lives, and I'm missing out. But here's the catch - I get to go home to my husband who also loves Jesus more than words can say. And THAT my friends, makes a world of difference. God is sufficient; Jared is sufficient. Jared comforts my heart, when no other man can. I have to say, last night before bed, I so badly wished I could see everyone. However, I know I'm here for a bigger reason. And the love for God is bigger. And the love I have for Taylor, Jessie, Mechel, and Lindsay is bigger. I just want them to know.

 Homesickness is tough, but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I know more people are suffering worse things out there in the world than just homesickness. But I'm here to say that knowing where God has placed you is exactly where you're supposed to be, makes all the pain disappear, and allows peace to inhabit. He is greater. He is higher than any other.



No comments:

Post a Comment