Sunday, November 7, 2010

Tina Fey - My Hero

 Jared and I went to see his very first 3D movie last night. We're not the biggest fans of 3D; we just don't mind the average flat screen, but nonetheless we enjoyed the movie thoroughly. MEGAMIND! We are huge fans of Will Ferrell and, of course, Tina Fey. After seeing Due Date a day or two before, in which all the funny scenes you saw in the preview were the funny scenes in the movie, we needed something original to laugh at. And we found it. Great movie.
Jared didn't get off work until 9:20 and the movie started at 9:50. I jumped in the car and picked him up from work, and we were off to see the flick on a whim. For dinner we had popcorn and Dr. Pepper. This was a moment I had dreamed of since I was a kid. "When I grow up, I'm going to go watch whatever movie I want, past my bed time, and eat junk food for dinner." I'm sure I thought that at some point. Maybe not, but it's close enough. And the fact we chose an animated movie - well - we're still young at heart. May we always be.

I would go see anything with Tina Fey's name on it. And probably have. If anyone reads our blog they know that she's my hero - an incredible writer with incredible humor.

I found this picture of her from an interview in Vogue magazine. She is posed with Mickey Mouse ears. Basically this picture depicts the epitome of each of my loves (besides my wonderful husband - can we edit Jared into the picture?) - New York City, Disney, and Tina Fey.
Image Courtesy Of...

No comments:

Post a Comment