Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our First Thanksgiving!




Our First Thanksgiving was one of the best Thanksgivings I had ever had. Collin and Candice came to visit for just a little over 24 hours. This would have been, not only our very first Thanksgiving, but also our very first without family until the Bullards came. They brighten our lives every moment they're in them.
I wanted Jared, Collin and Candice to experience Thanksgiving like the Faught Family. I made my Mama's dressing, my other mother's (Melody) candied yams, Libby's pumpkin pie, and Ree's dreamy apple pie. Also on the menu was ham, cornish game hens (one for each guest), broccoli-cheese-rice casserole, green bean casserole, gravy, mashed potatoes, rolls, and a pumpkin roll. Everything turned out perfectly.
Here are the beautiful Bullards!

We're so thankful for these guys. They helped make our holiday special, joyful, and grand. Because of this team, our Thanksgiving clean-up finished in record timing of 15-20 minutes. I couldn't believe all the work we did in such little time. Every bit of cooking and cleaning was worth it, just to spend a day with this wonderful family.

Jesse also graced us with his presence for this mighty feast. The poor guy had to sit in a foldout camper chair. I don't have any other chairs around the house and had even forgotten about those until Jared mentioned it. It kind of brought a little bit of "college" essence to the table.
Collin and Candice made missing our friends and families over Thanksgiving a little easier. Jared and I are now gearing up for Christmas to be just the two of us, but we're so blessed and to have each other. There's nothing like being at home with just him. We were excited to see the Bullards come, but we were happy for them to get to go back home - they were ready for it. After weeks of traveling all over, they finally get to go home to each other. Jared and I understand that concept now. It's one of the best feelings in the world. That's what I'm thankful for this year, and I pray for many more memorable Thanksgivings to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment