Thursday, November 17, 2011

This must be a dream...

I keep thinking I'll wake up and life will be back to the way it was. My world has been turned upside down, and there's nothing I can do about it. "It's all in God's hands now." the doctor told us last night. And I know, it always has been. I don't understand why this is all happening, and I probably never will.

You know that feeling of nothing is possible for yourself but anything is possible for everyone else? There's the "Oh, that would never happen to me." referring to tragedies. And then there's the "That could never happen to me." like you have so much hope and faith for everyone else's life except your own. I felt the former with the tragic death of my uncle; I felt the latter when I looked at both pregnancy tests. This can't be real. I felt the same way when Jared proposed, and even after we got married. It wasn't until later that everything sunk in. Needless to say, I didn't have time for things to sink in.

Shock, crying, excitement, scared, more crying, rejoicing, laughing, dreaming, planning - fear, shock, horror, weeping, anger, more weeping, planning, loved, peace, strength - fear, confused, pain, crying, scared, loved, peace, strength, scared again, embarrassed, peace, disappointment, more crying, more love, more peace, more strength. 
This is my timeline of emotions from the past several days - From finding out about the pregnancy to finding out about my uncle to the knowledge of a possible miscarriage.

I've come to terms that it is a miscarriage (although we won't technically know for sure until we get the next test results), but I had barely come to terms that I was actually pregnant. We barely had time to celebrate. In some ways, that's a good thing - or so they say. And yet, there's still pain.

Before my brother had called me with the news about my uncle, Jared had just taken me to get my first blood test. They told us they would call with the results on Thursday. Wednesday is when the bleeding had started, so as you can imagine, the pain I felt when answering the phone today to "Mrs. Johnson, we got your tests results back, and congratulations! You're pregnant!" was anything but exciting. But she didn't know, and I spared her from feeling horrible. It's something anyone would have done, including myself.

Two lives came into my life, and two lives went out of my life. One whom I loved, adored, respected, honored, laughed with, walked with, and talked with. The other I never got to touch; I never got to hold. But there is one person that will always be in my life. And He is good, and He is faithful. He is in control, and He always will be. He is what gave me love, peace and strength.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet Reagan. I love you dearly. Praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you friend. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I would love to bring a meal sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for the two losses you are dealing with right now. From the deepest part of my soul sorry. Our first pregnancy ended in miscarriage. It took several days for conclusive results, and I remember how crazy it felt that nobody seemed to know what was going on. On a day between some of the "tests," I told one of my sweet friends from junior high what was going on. What she told me ended up sticking with me and offering me the most peace. She said God was just waiting for a perfect body to send my baby's spirit to. I know everyone ends up coming to terms with the reasons God reveals over time, but after much prayer and time to heal, I felt less like I'd lost a child, and more like I just had to wait a little longer for my baby to come to me.

    Here's a little piece I wrote when I was where you are. Everything still rings true with the exception of what I said about wanting a d&C. I'll always be so glad that my body and my heart got to experience all of it. I transferred it from my seriously old skool myspace blog, so the comments aren't there, but they were so sweet and comforting. I'm glad you are in the midst of receiving many of the same things. We are praying for you.

    http://jakeandbrieann.blogspot.com/2007/01/miscarrying.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and prayers form Oklahoma. Miss you and Jared a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so very sorry for your losses, and we are praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete