Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Keepin' Busy

Jared has been keeping me busy to keep my mind off things. We (or should I say he) got a lot of projects accomplished.
We also painted a screen door and put chicken wire on the back. I'm going to put all our Christmas cards on it! I'll post a picture of that soon. It's pretty! As long as I could sit and do a project or if I took breaks, I could help (or guide) him.


I wanted a vintage look with my Christmas tree, and thanks to Target and Marshall's, I found a few ornaments that went with my vision; however, I also took a shot at making some ornaments. I did this last year with scraps of material that I had, but this year I tried it with scrapbook paper. 
And then we can't forget about Batman! Jared's parents' tree is nothing but Hallmark ornaments, so we're going to carry on the tradition of adding a new Hallmark ornament to the tree every year. Last year, Jared bought me the "Our First Christmas, 2010" ornament. His parent's bought him Batman last year, but this is his debut on our tree!

Speaking of traditions, I love them. We all have things we hold on to from our childhood. Some are good; some are not so good. But, as a kid, I think I did everything to hold on to traditions to overpower anything crummy going on in my life. Kids need consistency. That's a fact. And the reason we hold on to traditions is because of that consistency day after day, year after year. I've been having a blast carrying out traditions with Jared and even beginning a few new ones of our own. And I especially can't wait to start new ones with our kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment