Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A blog from Reagan

Top Favorite Celebrity Women
For her talent and style:
Zoey Daschanel
Which talent you might ask? The musical one. Not that I don't mind her acting (New Girl is our new favorite show). Unlike her, I cannot carry a tune and my hands nor feet cannot carry one either. Listen to this girl! She rocks face in sound and style. If only I could afford Dear Creatures. But if I had a voice like hers and could play instruments like she can, then I could.



Photo Courtesy Of...
For talent (not the musical one: however no matter what anyone else says, I loved her in Mama Mia) and intelligence:
Meryl Streep
Photo Courtesy Of...
Need I say more? The woman is a freak of nature when it comes to raw talent. My favorite quote about her is off of Modern Family by Cam played by Eric Stonestreet, "Excuse me, Meryl Streep could play Batman, and be the right choice, she is perfection."
She is also the spokeswoman for the National Women's History Museum. The museum is not actually built yet; In September they just got a bill passed that stated they could buy land on Independence Ave. This is a statement from their website: "Women's contributions and accomplishments for the most part have been overlooked and consequently omitted from mainstream culture. The National Women's History Museum will help fill that void. Rather than rewriting current exhibitions at other history museums or having to decide what to omit elsewhere to 'fit in' women's history, the NWHM will serve to place women's history along side current historical exhibitions. 
Women’s history is half of our national story. The objective is to promote scholarship and expand our knowledge of American history."
Their website also has online exhibits of women who helped shape our lives as we know it today, that I had never even heard of.
And yes, I will have white hair someday like her character in The Devil Wears Prada.


For Grace, Beauty and most of all her Accent:
Kate Winslet
Photo Courtesy Of...
For most of you, this woman became known to you from a little film I call "Titanic." However, she entered my home and heart first in "Sense and Sensibility" and then in "Hamlet." I was probably 10 or 11 when I first saw her, and I was instantly captivated by her. Then I was sold when I learned we shared the same birthday. Yep! That's right! I'm a nerd!


For the girl next door and pizzaz:
Rachel McAdams 
Photo Courtesy Of...
She's just got this spark about her that I think everyone loves. She can be funny, serious, bitter, excited and passionate all in one. Makes you just want to be best friends with her.


For the Classics:
Norma Shearer
Photo Courtesy Of...
Just a classic beauty. She was supposedly one of the we sweetest women in Hollywood in that time. If you haven't watched the 1939 original "The Women," you need to. It's one of my absolute favorite movies.


For the Newbie:
Emma Stone
Photo Courtesy Of...
She is incredible. Yes, I'll admit, the first time I saw her was in "Superbad" and then in "House Bunny." But of course, she has gone to play in "Easy A" (Which if you judge me, I don't care, 'cause I love it), "The Help" and most of all "SPIDER-MAN"!!!
She just seems Real... She doesn't seem to have this celebrity aurora about her, and I really like that. Plus, if I could pull of red hair like she can, I would never be brunette.

No comments:

Post a Comment